Communication and Leadership – these are the buzzwords that we constantly hear on the Toastmasters scene. They are more than empty words; they are the basis of our existence as Toastmasters. They are also what we, as District Officers, are continually striving to inculcate in our members, through the Marketing and Education programs of Toastmasters. We all joined Toastmasters with these two basic objectives: To improve our communication skills and to develop our leadership skills. Toastmasters provide us with all the necessary tools, in the form of manuals, mentoring, club support, evaluations, etc., to enable us to meet our objectives.
“In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with the world that no longer exists,” said Eric Hoffer, a famous philosopher. This quote highlights the importance of continuously learning new skills to adapt to the changes happening in this world.
Storytelling is powerful! Storytelling, when done right, can change lives! Storytelling can build or break down great institutions – even governments! So it is worthwhile for everyone to study story; to study its theory but, even better, to master its practice.
We build new clubs and support all clubs in achieving excellence...
Latest Blog Posts
- View Point – District Director DTM Ajantha Jayawardena October 2017October 1, 2017 - 1:09 pm
- District 82 is now President’s Distinguished!June 17, 2017 - 9:44 am
- View Point – Journey to Stardom – May 2017June 6, 2017 - 8:08 am
- Tell Your Story At ToastmastersJune 1, 2017 - 11:15 pm
- Club Growth Director’s Awards – District 82 2016-17May 23, 2017 - 5:34 pm