July 2014 – the start of a new year, and more, the beginning of a new district, with its hopes and aspirations, its toil and challenges. There is a tinge of sadness to break away from our friends, who are now going to be in District 92, and yet, there is the thrill of being a part of something new, with the excitement of new targets to achieve and greater challenges to conquer.
So much work and planning has already been done. The training of district officers at the DOTPs in Chennai and Colombo has been completed and met with much satisfaction. The enthusiasm of young team members is very encouraging and reassuring. One of the more visible aspects of this is the brand new website, which we hope to launch on July 1. When complete, this website will be a one-stop-shop for all our district requirements, with a new Toastmasters brand portal and a host of useful information. Read More >>
- I joined toastmasters for only one reason – to talk fluently in English. I have been with Toastmasters for the last 7 years. Playing a variety of roles both within the club and outside the club helped me to groom my communication & leadership skills. I was able to apply the skills that I learned from Toastmasters in my workplace. You won’t believe… I got 3 promotions in 4 years. From, just a Technical Marketing Engineer in the year 2009, I became a Product Manager, then a Sr. Product Manager and today, Director – Technology. I attribute that to the skills that I developed in Toastmasters.DTM Saro Velrajan
- Toastmasters is the right platform to you if you want to improve your real time communication and leadership skills. What are you waiting for, join us on board. NOW OR NEVER! I assure that you won’t be the same person again after being a part of Toastmasters! :)TM Priyanandhan
- Just 6 months into Toastmasters, and what an exponential growth I’ve had. I’ve never thought in my wildest dreams that I would ever do public speaking. Not sure if I am good at it now, but atleast I am confident to address a gathering. It has also to a great extent improved in the way I reach out to people on the personal front.TM Lakshmi Lakshminarayanan
- Personally, Toastmasters has given me some amazing friends and I have had the opportunity to interact with so many people. On the professional front, Toastmasters helped me chase my dream job and I did get it! Thanks to the President of Chennai Toastmasters Club and a very good friend of mine – Sakthi Prasanna.
- Toastmasters has made me a very confident person, on and off the stage. And it has certainly made my speaking and networking skills much better.TM Adithya VS
How do i become a member
Dear Toastmaster During the last eight years the Jaffna Toastmasters Club (JTMC), which was chartered in 2006 had helped many young members of Jaffna to improve their leadership skills and the skill of public speaking. However the message of toastmasters has not reached the general public of northern part in ways compared to its reach…Details
Revive your club today, reap the benefits tomorrow If you’re a member of a struggling club with less than 12 members, you probably believe that increasing membership in your club is difficult, if not nearly impossible. Well, I beg to differ. Conversely, a club that is member-strong with 25 or more will likely agree that…Details