July 2014 – the start of a new year, and more, the beginning of a new district, with its hopes and aspirations, its toil and challenges. There is a tinge of sadness to break away from our friends, who are now going to be in District 92, and yet, there is the thrill of being a part of something new, with the excitement of new targets to achieve and greater challenges to conquer.
So much work and planning has already been done. The training of district officers at the DOTPs in Chennai and Colombo has been completed and met with much satisfaction. The enthusiasm of young team members is very encouraging and reassuring. One of the more visible aspects of this is the brand new website, which we hope to launch on July 1. When complete, this website will be a one-stop-shop for all our district requirements, with a new Toastmasters brand portal and a host of useful information. Read More >>
DearToastmasters of Tamil Nadu, We have had an overwhelming response for Emergence 2014 Chennai. The registrations are going to be closed soon. So please ensure that your club members register before that. The highlights of Emergence 2014 are: 1. Humorous speech workshop by TM K.V.M.Kishore – Winner of District Level Humorous Speech Contest –…Details
How do i become a member
- If you knew me 2 years back you would not believe the person who I am today. I still remember the feeling I had when I had to speak for 20 seconds in my first Toastmasters meeting. It felt like an hour and could just barely utter the topic while my hands were trembling. Public speaking was the last thing I dreamed of. However here I am much more confident in public speaking and taking up leadership roles. Toastmasters have changed my perception on me, which ultimately enhanced my personality. I was able to uncover the jewels of abilities hidden within me. It is also a good test lab for me to experiment my creativity. Today I must admit that the best decision I have made so far towards my success is the decision to join Toastmasters. Toastmasters have shaped me to the person who I am today…TM Maheesha Seneviratne
- I joined toastmasters for only one reason – to talk fluently in English. I have been with Toastmasters for the last 7 years. Playing a variety of roles both within the club and outside the club helped me to groom my communication & leadership skills. I was able to apply the skills that I learned from Toastmasters in my workplace. You won’t believe… I got 3 promotions in 4 years. From, just a Technical Marketing Engineer in the year 2009, I became a Product Manager, then a Sr. Product Manager and today, Director – Technology. I attribute that to the skills that I developed in Toastmasters.DTM Saro Velrajan
- Toastmasters is the right platform to you if you want to improve your real time communication and leadership skills. What are you waiting for, join us on board. NOW OR NEVER! I assure that you won’t be the same person again after being a part of Toastmasters! :)TM Priyanandhan
- Just 6 months into Toastmasters, and what an exponential growth I’ve had. I’ve never thought in my wildest dreams that I would ever do public speaking. Not sure if I am good at it now, but atleast I am confident to address a gathering. It has also to a great extent improved in the way I reach out to people on the personal front.TM Lakshmi Lakshminarayanan
- Personally, Toastmasters has given me some amazing friends and I have had the opportunity to interact with so many people. On the professional front, Toastmasters helped me chase my dream job and I did get it! Thanks to the President of Chennai Toastmasters Club and a very good friend of mine – Sakthi Prasanna.
- Toastmasters has made me a very confident person, on and off the stage. And it has certainly made my speaking and networking skills much better.TM Adithya VS